Support.com - Technical support | Glassdoor

"Technical support"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Remote, OR

I worked at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working from home is all the pros this job has to offer! There aren’t any others!

Cons

The trainers are terrible, the management isn’t much better, and don’t ever let them put any kind of software on your computer, Because once they do, you can render that computer useless! The pay is $9.50 an hour which includes $.50 an hour extra for the use of your computer and Internet service. If you do last 90 days, you can get benefits, but by the time you are finished paying for those benefits, you will have... hardly any money left! Don’t fall for the $1000 bonus, because if you miss any time, you’re not gonna get it!

Advice to Management

Start paying people what they are worth, and it’s not $9.50 an hour. That is not competitive pay that’s poverty!

Support.com2019-04-15

May 3, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback. While we have tools for you to use, they do not affect the performance of your system. Our attendance bonus of $1000 dollars is straight forward. Missing time will disqualify you, as we state to all new hires. We wish you the best.

"Good place for growth if you can keep up with everything."

Current Employee - Remote Support Tech RST in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits and remote work. People complain about the so much with this company and I can understand why. However, saying they lie or not transparent is completely false. If you look in the Spirit page all the information is right there including what you agreed to when you accepted you position in the company. Everything from how coachings are conducted to NPS spreadsheets and meeting notes from the companies IT... department. Recently we experienced a tool outage. The meeting notes addressed this and they are currently looking for solutions to not only prevent this from occurring again but looking at ways of identifying them before they happen. If you wanna stay up-to-date in this company you NEED to be an independent worker and look for the information on your own.

Cons

Limited pay. In order to move up you have to have at least 6 months of employment. This is the standard for most companies tho.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to those supervisors who are too lax in their roles. It can create a feeling of uncertainty in agents when coaching. Would love to see roles open up in HR and hiring.

Support.com2019-03-14

March 19, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and insight. We appreciate that you recognize we are very transparent with our employees, and we are looking for those self-managing work-from-home employees who appreciate transparency from an employer. We do value our online tools that keep our employees up to date on our procedures, policies and tool updates. Thank you for recognizing our commitment to continuous improvement!

2. "Easy at Home"

Former Employee - Remote IT Support in Miami, FL

I worked at Support.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home Supervisors always available

Cons

Compensation Always push metrics Schedule tends to skew towards supervisors

Support.com2019-10-18

October 21, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback, we believe in continuous improvement, and every bit of feedback helps with this process!

Discover more reviews about Support.com.