Support.com - Angry Customers All Day, Average-Low Pay | Glassdoor

"Angry Customers All Day, Average-Low Pay"

Current Employee - Remote Support Tech RST

I have been working at Support.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to work from home.

Cons

Angry Customers All Day, Average-Low Pay

Advice to Management

Listen to your agents.

Support.com2019-06-19

Support.com Response

July 1, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

As a call center handling customer concerns, we do expect our customers to be angry; something went wrong in their initial experience, so they are calling in for our assistance. This is your opportunity to "make their day" with the unique service you can provide. This is not a role for everyone, and we appreciate those who understand that. We wish you well in your new endeavors.

"Good place for growth if you can keep up with everything."

Current Employee - Remote Support Tech RST in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Support.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits and remote work. People complain about the so much with this company and I can understand why. However, saying they lie or not transparent is completely false. If you look in the Spirit page all the information is right there including what you agreed to when you accepted you position in the company. Everything from how coachings are conducted to NPS spreadsheets and meeting notes from the companies IT... department. Recently we experienced a tool outage. The meeting notes addressed this and they are currently looking for solutions to not only prevent this from occurring again but looking at ways of identifying them before they happen. If you wanna stay up-to-date in this company you NEED to be an independent worker and look for the information on your own.

Cons

Limited pay. In order to move up you have to have at least 6 months of employment. This is the standard for most companies tho.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to those supervisors who are too lax in their roles. It can create a feeling of uncertainty in agents when coaching. Would love to see roles open up in HR and hiring.

Support.com2019-03-14

Support.com Response

March 19, 2019Support.com Leadership Team

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and insight. We appreciate that you recognize we are very transparent with our employees, and we are looking for those self-managing work-from-home employees who appreciate transparency from an employer. We do value our online tools that keep our employees up to date on our procedures, policies and tool updates. Thank you for recognizing our commitment to continuous improvement!

2. "Above minimum wage"

Current Employee - Remote Services Technician in Gary, IN

I have been working at Support.com part-time for less than a year

Pros

Once you get the pace and the work, itll flow easily.

Cons

Sometimes you'll be overwhelmed with the fact that you aren't prepared or trained for every situation. You aren't paid very well and heaven help you if you got a crappy computer that barely meets the minimum for employment.

Advice to Management

Don't focus on the quota, train the technicians and allow them to transfer to departments that aren't their specialty. wireless gateway knows nothing about video equipment, and video technical couldnt tell you what fixes a modem. If you want to have your technical departments specialized dont have them in overflow for departments that simply dont know what to do.

Support.com2019-10-06

Discover more reviews about Support.com.