SureSource - SureSource, not for everyone. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SureSource

"SureSource, not for everyone."

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Clerk in Shelton, CT
Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Clerk in Shelton, CT

Pros

They have a good employee purchase program, dress code is relaxed and they offer a few things during the year to keep employees happy such as ice cream on fridays and a picnic in the summer. It is a very "young" company and most all employees are very friendly. Todd has built a very impressive business from the ground up and he is a very impressively smart person. I have enjoyed SureSource because there is no micro managing going on, as long as you get your job done your boss will typically just leave you alone because they have enough of their own work to do.

Cons

There seems to be very little room for advancement and they do not like to hear employee opinions. I feel very stuck in the job that I am doing now and do not feel like I can move anywhere ever in this company. I have to also say that the insurance is extremely expensive (which may be everywhere, I don't really know). I have also made suggestions in the past that I was told were very good suggestions but then nothing ever came of them. There are a lot of office politics going on. Company policies do not seem to apply to everyone, certain people can break them without consequence and others break one and are escorted out the door.

Advice to Management

I think all departments need to learn how to work better together and take constructive criticism from all employees not just management.

Other Employee Reviews for SureSource

1. "A decent company that's shown immense growth over the years."

Pros

Good atmosphere, in depth training, encourages "outside the box" thinking. Loyal to their employees, if you are willing to work hard. Perks include an in house fitness center, an employee game room, free coffee and product samples from many of their partners. Taking care of the customer is their top priority.

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement, many people in higher positions aren't going anywhere. Changes come fast and sometimes difficult to keep up.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who have been with the company for a long time. They are what's helped make the company successful.

2. "Okay"

Pros

There are a lot of great people, good working enviornment and nice building. The dynamic is creative where it can be.

Cons

Pay isn't great and no real room for advancement, and a pretty high turnover rate. Management doesn't listen to or care what you have to say.

Advice to Management

You should listen to those people who have been at the company for a while, and pay your talent enough to make them stay.