Susquehanna International Group - Best place I have ever worked | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Susquehanna International Group

"Best place I have ever worked"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

Pros

I believe the company is run with the right set of goals in mind. There is very little done that is what I would classify as "just work for the sake of process". Also, probably due to the type of business we are in there is an embedded understanding of risk vs. reward in every decision made. The company moves very quickly to adapt to change and in many ways acts as a small company.

Cons

Because there isn't a very deep management hierarchy there is not as many advancement possibilities as there are in other firms. Also, some people are not comfortable in the fast paced environment here and prefer more structured places.

Advice to Management

As the company grows and grows there is this necessary pull toward very deep management hierarchies and formal processes. These have started to creep in more and more through the years and one of the things our company has done incredibly well over the years is balance the need for more formal processes as we grow and still remain fairly adept to change. The larger we grow the more difficult that will be become. My advice would be to please keep a huge focus on retaining the agility we had when a small company as we grow into a larger and larger firm.

Other Employee Reviews for Susquehanna International Group

"Review"

Pros

Entrepreneurial environment with relative freedom and flexibility

Cons

Compensation is not on par with other firms

2. "OK"

Pros

Decent Benefits, Free Lunches, Work/Life Balance

Cons

Limited upward mobility, too many middle managers, no feedback/review system in place for junior employees

Advice to Management

Streamline efficiency by reducing all the middle managers and make sure the ones you keep are worth it. Internal career development programs for junior employees in departments outside of trading