Sutter Health - RN | Glassdoor

"RN"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Antioch, CA

I have been working at Sutter Health part-time for less than a year

Pros

-great benefits and retirement plans

Cons

none at the moment but just started

Sutter Health2019-06-26
  1. "Excellent not for profit organization"

I have been working at Sutter Health

Pros

Not for Profit - focus on Integrity and patient centered care Great opportunities for varied experience across the Sutter Health network - hospital, home care, hospice, leadership and administration Excellent benefits Competitive pay compared to most agencies

Cons

Can not compare to Kaiser pay scales therefore top performing staff are recruited to higher paying local agencies which can compromise quality of care Same issue makes employees feel undervalued and unsatisfied less likely to go above and beyond

Advice to Management

Consider higher pay scale to improve retention of top performers and reduce migration to higher paying agencies

Sutter Health2019-08-13

"Overall great company, despite cultural issues"

Current Employee - Sutter Health Plus - Title Withheld in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Sutter Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Difficult to get fired for mistakes so I'm usually more OK taking creative risks with my work, which has allowed me to find some very efficient ways to do things that have benefited the company. The stability also makes me think of my time at Sutter as long-term rather than a 2-3 year gig, leading me to be more committed and loyal to the company. Pay is market rate or maybe a few % above.

Cons

There are some individuals in the organization who have little to no desire to get along with their peers. Some seem to seek out conflict while others make it obvious that they're only there for the paycheck - many of these people are older (50+) and there is almost no youth in the organization. More young people should be promoted to higher positions. PTO policy is absurdly terrible - you get 2 days of PTO per month,...

Advice to Management

Hire and promote more young people, and allow them to exercise creative freedoms (within reason) - a lot of the "holy cows" and the old ways we do things are going to get disrupted and we need to be ready for it. There are too many managers in the organization who do not listen to their employees (or they listen, but do not hear), and that is a huge pain point for younger employees with ideas they want to share and implement.

Sutter Health2019-08-06

Discover more reviews about Sutter Health.