Sutter Health - My San Francisco (SPMF) corporate office experience as a contractor | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sutter Health

"My San Francisco (SPMF) corporate office experience as a contractor"

Former Contractor - Project Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
Former Contractor - Project Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sutter Health as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The people who are not in management are very nice.

Cons

I have to mirror the cons as written by someone else on this forum about their SPMF experience, "Upper management shows no appreciation of staff. Moral is very low. Communication is nonexistent. One of the worse contracts I have been on in the past 8 years.

Advice to Management

Provide real leadership and get involved in your projects. I worked on the Windows 7 project as a project coordinator. A simple walk by to thank your staff for their hard work will go a long way.

Other Employee Reviews for Sutter Health

"IT Support"

Former Contractor - IT Support in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - IT Support in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sutter Health as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Priorities are straight, patients come first.
    They don't expect you to do more than you can do and give you enough time to get your work done.
    All in all, great group of dedicated people.

Cons

I have never worked anywhere else that required everyone to be a spreadsheet specialist. They live and breathe spreadsheets.
    Management is tied up in meetings all morning at the least and is often unapproachable.

Advice to Management

Meetings have taken a life of their own far over and above their usefullness.

"nightshift nightmare"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Santa Cruz, CA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Santa Cruz, CA

I worked at Sutter Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good pay, great staff, caring nurses

Cons

favoritism, unfair disciplining actions, no union, will fire you after 5 years of nightshift even as a single mom with a three year old for being late 3 mins or not being dressed and ready for work at exactly 2300, and breech confidentially laws, without explanation as an "at will" employer and give you only 2 days of benefits after they fire you. they say, "we + you", which is now "we minus you" . Management is always turning over, and they given per diems dayshift positions but force status nurses to work nightshift for over 5 years, then fire them when they were NEXT in line to go to days, EPIC is a nightmare for perinatal nurses and a huge FAIL. some doctors have too much clout and blame others for their own bad decisions....

Advice to Management

try looking at how a hospital is run that has a good system in place. your policies are outdated. and stop being biased.