Svam International - So far a good place to start if you're new in town. Doesn't look like a place to stay for more than a year or two. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Svam International

"So far a good place to start if you're new in town. Doesn't look like a place to stay for more than a year or two."

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Great Neck, NY
Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Great Neck, NY

I have been working at Svam International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

VISA Sponsorship
Guest house available while on bench.
Company reimburses all transportation expenses incurred due to interviews.
People in office are friendly, everyone is willing to give a hand whenever needed.

Cons

Low salary compared to industry standard.
Sales team gets you lots of interviews that don{t have anything to do with your profile and sometimes don't provide an adequate feedback on the positions.
Office looks old and some PCs are also old and obsolete.

Advice to Management

Mr. Kapoor is a very nice person, however there are a few things that require improvement: The office looks old and not very appealing... also one of the guest houses. Matresses are old. For new comers or first timers it would be good to have some kind of welcome package with info on transportation, shopping centers, etc. so that integration is faster.

Other Employee Reviews for Svam International

"low payment but in time"

Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Svam International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- for people arriving the US this could mean a higher salary compared to other countries salaries.
    - company pays expenses as flight, visa, and guest house (for a while)
    - this company pays the salary in time

Cons

- much lower salary compared to what you can get in the market
    - expensive medical insurance is offered as benefit
    - no information is provided regarding to how much the employee is payed vs what the clients pay
    - you have to stay for at least a year or pay $10K USD. This is what they tell you this until you arrive at the US (I am just waiting to finish my year so I can move from here)
    - no chance to select the project to be assigned to
    - you can't settle in a city since your project can change of place anytime. If there is any change you have to pay for rental expenses and cancellation fees.
    - doesn't pay 401K even though they say they will

Advice to Management

Inform correctly before moving people to the US (better to have less but commited empoyees than more and unsatisfied). Pay more to your employees, it doesn't take long to figure out the payment is low. Adding the "at least one year" clause could be removed if you pay better your employees and inform them, because employees would want to stay in your company.

Svam International Response

Jun 28, 2014 – COO

comment regarding expensive medical insurance : Unfortunately, there is nothing that we or any other company can do to reduce these medical costs. We pay for 55 percent of the premium also, would ... More

"Great Work Opportunity"

Former Employee - Programmer in Great Neck, NY
    Former Employee - Programmer in Great Neck, NY

I worked at Svam International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Truly Amazing place to work I truly recommend it to all. Career growth is great and the CEO Anil Kapoor is truly an amazing help. Pay is great, work is great, this company is really amazing. It is on the rise and i hope to see it on the fortune 500 list soon! CATCH THIS BOAT BEFORE IT SAILS OFF!

Cons

None.... some people on this site say that there are poor opportunities and are complaining, however I can personally tell you that even a Microsoft (where i am at now is not comparable) SVAM is rising, it is exciting, and now that I left I regret it. If you read complain reviews IGNORE THEM they were probably laid off. (the company expects dedication and proper work, it is a challenging environment and the pay reflects what they expect. IF YOU WORK HERE I CAN GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BECOME BETTER IN YOUR LINE OF WORK

Advice to Management

KEEP IT UP YOU GUYS ARE GREAT