Swedish Covenant - Swedish has poor oversight of management, high turn over rates, and pays less than other hospitals. | Glassdoor

"Swedish has poor oversight of management, high turn over rates, and pays less than other hospitals."

I worked at Swedish Covenant

Pros

Having some great co-workers can make anyone stay in a position longer than they otherwise would. They frequently hire new graduate nurses and frequently have openings on specialty units. There are several new buildings on campus that look great.

Cons

Staff retention was a problem, which led to many other issues. I watched over 80 people come and go from my unit within a few years. Additionally, no retention efforts were instituted and upper management thought this was reasonable. Scheduling was unreliable, often coming out less than 1 week in advance, I had multiple vacation requests revoked after approval due to low staffing and internal management issues. The management...

Advice to Management

Evaluate your management and hold them accountable. With turnover this high, there is a reason!

Swedish Covenant2014-07-01

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great opportunity to get hands dirty, had an awesome summer internship."

Former Employee - Human Resources Benefits & HRIS in Chicago, IL

I worked at Swedish Covenant for less than a year

Pros

Great team and respectful each other

Cons

Building gets older, needs redesign

Advice to Management

none

Swedish Covenant2019-03-04
  2. "Great so far but pay is bad"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist

I have been working at Swedish Covenant full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the environment I work in. My co-workers are really nice and great team players.

Cons

It's always hard to get in contact with management and the pay is disappointing.

Advice to Management

Please reply back to communication platforms sooner verses later.

Swedish Covenant2019-08-24

Discover more reviews about Swedish Covenant.