Sweet Street Desserts - not a really friendly place, | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sweet Street Desserts

"not a really friendly place,"

Pros

different area's you can work in, have programs in place to make more money

Cons

people are not helpful, fear factor in management of upper management- too much micro-management, finger pointing, lack of teamwork
Different standards on each shift.

Other Employee Reviews for Sweet Street Desserts

1. "Working for Sweet Street"

I worked at Sweet Street Desserts part-time

Pros

Smart, dedicated staff willing to take risks

Cons

Can get tunnel vision on branding and products

2. "Not a good Experience . Thank God I can See the light"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Greenville, SC

I worked at Sweet Street Desserts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned Payroll and how to communicate with the employees.

Cons

Let's see. Okay I was advised that my roll would be an administrative assistant. I was told my duties was to assist with placing and updating the status of temporary employees, submit time sheets for payroll, submit hours reports to the accounting dept,and submit invoices for payment. That did not happen. I was advised that oh you will learn the invoices soon. The prev admin assistant I believe hung on to that part of the position just in case she did not like her new position or just to have something to do if the new position became a hurry up and wait type of thing. The other things, I was able to see what wrong about the admin position admin was the responsinability to handle the status of the temporary employees. Unfortunately, the HR Rep was really hogging that role as well. She would advise the mangers that use to report to me about the talents to report to her instead. I did not mind copying her about the status of the talents but she took over that roll as well. I was told to take the initiative to do something ,but it is hard to do so when you had two people that would not allow you to do so.My advise to the new person you only learn by doing. We all learned our positions by asking questions, making mistakes , and learning from them. Trust me if they someone was auditing them they may or not make it in the current roles as well. I am sure they will keep you around because thair hire ups may start seeing the light and say something isn't right ? Why now are you experiencing issues with this the admin assassistant? Then again they make like you enough to allow you to do your job.

Advice to Management

Please do not ask for someone to the initiative and then you do the job. Allow the new admin assistant to learn and grow just like you had the opportunity to do . Trust you all make mistakes that will come to the light as well.