Swift Transportation - All ongoing mgmt feedback designed to document any future potential termination | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Swift Transportation

"All ongoing mgmt feedback designed to document any future potential termination"

Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver, Dry Van
Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver, Dry Van

Pros

Since they are the largest carrier with 40+ terminals I was able to schedule hometime at any terminal site nationwide, and so was able to visit friends and family without the need for travel time and expense from my actual home.

Cons

All property damage incidents are rated equally whether they cost $200 or a more significant cost. Any incident is declared driver-at-fault regardless of the circumstances. 99.9% positive reviews do not matter when it is only the 0.01% mistake issues that determine a driver's fate within the company.

Specifically, I experienced a medical issue while driving (severe muscle spasms lower back) and caused property damage. Completed the run the next day (on time) and was assigned 2 more runs that took me 400 miles further away from home. Only then was I informed of my termination with no assistance offered in returning home, now 1600 miles away... Since I could not rent a car with my only debit card I had to rent a UHaul for a total expense of $1350 including cab, rental fee, gas, lodging, and food. Had I been informed immediately I was very close to family members who would has assisted in a much cheaper option for the journey home...

Advice to Management

All levals of mgmt should ride along with their front-line drivers for one or two weeks to experience firsthand the issues their drivers face on a daily basis.

Other Employee Reviews for Swift Transportation

1. "Thankful but im over it"

Current Employee - Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Truck Driver

Pros

Cause u need to work somewhere they put me back in a truck after taking some time off and started me at top pay

Cons

Pay tops out at .38cpm Dispatch is moody never can find a mt or liad locksTrucks repaired when things start falling off and then your shut down for days

Advice to Management

Have a word with office people to be a lot more resPectful to your drivers and pay your drivers more

2. "Great Company... with a few bad eggs"

Former Employee - Truck Driver
    Former Employee - Truck Driver

Pros

No one breathing down your neck
    Ability to purchase your own truck with company lease program
    Set your own hours to a given extent
    Ability to go from OTR to regional or even inter-modal
    Passenger Program
    Home-time

Cons

Some Driver Managers who know nothing about driving a truck
    Mechanic Shops at Terminals that sometimes take their time getting you back on the road
    Some Trip Planners make me wonder how they even made it to work

Advice to Management

Hire more DM's and Planners from with-in. People who have the experience of driving on the road and know what it's like and what it takes to get the freight where it needs to go on time. You can't deliver 100mph freight with a 62mph truck. Overall this is a great company.