Swift Transportation - ECT DM/ Planner | Glassdoor

"ECT DM/ Planner"

Pros

Excellent health benefits, great work life balance, competitive pay and advancement opportunities. Easy to use communications systems for drivers and office workers. Great team environment and support system within the terminal.

Cons

Terminals can be short staffed and communication can be slow and lost in translation from time to time. Computer equipment is dated needs to be upgraded.

Advice to Management

Update the terminal computer equipment and work on in terminal communication. Other than that nothing negative to say.

Other Employee Reviews for Swift Transportation

"Drove for Swift 9 years,got the miles I needed and always got home by the date I had requested."

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Fontana, CA
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Fontana, CA

I worked at Swift Transportation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Most of the terminal staff were friendly and helpful. The company has a culture of safety. My driver manager (leader) was always working hard for me. Benefits were decent compared to some other companies.

Cons

Long periods away from home two weeks minimum for over the road drivers, one week for regional dedicated routes. Shops can be a little slow in getting trucks out of service.

Advice to Management

Consider a pay increase.

"OTR-Truck Driver (48 States)"

Former Employee - Professional Truck Driver in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Professional Truck Driver in San Diego, CA

I worked at Swift Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Miles, Lots of Terminals across the US, Newer Trucks, On-Time & Safety Bonus program.
    Accommodating to newer drivers. Swift will get you rolling when other trucking company's want you to take a refresher course and owe them $$$.
    Seeing the Country while getting paid.
    Most of all Swift employees are good people. Just drive and be on time to your destinations and everything will be great! I liked driving fro Swift.

Cons

Never on-time, for home time. (date requested).
    Driver managers like to hassle you if you take more then 3 days off. (I always took more then that).

Advice to Management

Stick to policy, 1 day off for every week driven.