Swift Transportation - My time at Swift was horrible, who can survive on $500 bucks a week, total bs. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Swift Transportation

"My time at Swift was horrible, who can survive on $500 bucks a week, total bs."

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Sumner, WA
Former Employee - Truck Driver in Sumner, WA

I worked at Swift Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ha ha, jokes on you, there aren't any good things things about Swift, I guess it beats being homeless because your truck gives you a place to sleep.

Cons

Everyday is a challenge, getting fuel, not going over 62 mph, or sitting around for days(4) to be exact and that wasn't because of a 34 hour restart, driver managers unhelpful, it sucked.

Advice to Management

The idea that you save money by not paying Drivers what they are worth is foolish, and that's why Swift has such a high turnover rate, unacceptable for a company that makes as much money as Swift does but oh well, hey maybe they'll get the idea when the ceo has to jump in a truck.

Other Employee Reviews for Swift Transportation

"Poor Management in shop"

Former Employee - Diesel Technician in West Valley City, UT
    Former Employee - Diesel Technician in West Valley City, UT

I worked at Swift Transportation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the work I was doing.

Cons

Poor management in the shop created difficult work environment and no room for advancement. Swift/Central merge was not smooth and information was not given to employees. Lost over 120+ hours of PTO when I left after 4 years of service. Did not inform employees they would lose their accumulated PTO when they left after the company merged. All hours are paid at straight time (no time and a half for over time hours worked).

Advice to Management

Make sure people have opportunity to advance within the company. Identify poor managers in the shop and keep them from holding good employees back from advancement.

"Beginning drivers friendly"

Current Employee - Professional Truck Driver in Macclenny, FL
    Current Employee - Professional Truck Driver in Macclenny, FL

I have been working at Swift Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helpful in teaching new drivers how to safely operate tractors and manage loads. Dedicated accounts gives drivers an easy transition into a new job field. The equipment used is normally in good condition and mechanics are readily available for correction after the initial inspection of the vehicle you are driving that day.

Cons

The pay to hours work ratio is not good and don't plan anything for you may not be able to get off to participate. Taking cae of the loads come before taking care of the people.

Advice to Management

Not as much for management as it is for the Department of Transportation. They need to revisit the hours rules, with the different clocks and dos and don'ts, not sure if it is accomplishing what they thought it was, which is fatigued drivers. We actually have less control over getting rest when the driver really needs it.