SwimOutlet.com - Great place for new grads but move on asap | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SwimOutlet.com

"Great place for new grads but move on asap"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at SwimOutlet.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-A great place to gain work experience if you're a new grad
-Casual workplace
-On-Site gym and occasional fitness programs

Cons

Don't listen to the rhetoric! This place is a mess. Read any of the other reviews, minus the one promoting the 'fast pace' of the company, they're a fair assessment. I was there two years and saw lots of people come and go, none of them happy. This includes many of the execs. Management expects a lot out of their employees and does not compensate them accordingly but will gloat about profits at company meetings. Another reviewer said the CEO has 'his head up in the clouds'. I'd agree, the CEO has his head up somewhere, but it aint the clouds!

Advice to Management

Have some respect for your employees! Pay them what their worth and listen to the opinion you pay them to have!

Other Employee Reviews for SwimOutlet.com

"Nice but not accepting"

Former Employee - Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Newark, CA

I worked at SwimOutlet.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

very relaxed atmosphere, flexible hours, nice co-workers & management

Cons

not professional, very messy, not very accepting to newcomers

Advice to Management

The staff in the old Newark, CA branch were very nice people and provided a very relaxing environment. However, they often played obscene music during work and kept newcomers in the dark. When I was first hired by the HR, Danielle, I felt she was very kind and professional. It was not until i entered the company that I found the truth. The people who have been working there for a while are tightly knit, which comes to no surprise. Unfortunately, they openly "hate" on newcomers for cutting back their hours and give them a hard time at work. The blame for the lack of hours goes to the management, I was hired because I was told the company needed more employees. Obviously some people were not doing their jobs correctly. In the end, the management favored the employees (whom've been there longer), they clearly had favoritism. As newcomers had to work constantly until break-time, other employees would often stand and chat with each other and watch movies or sports on their computers. If the newcomers had the "audacity" to do the same, we would have been called by the manager. The company was clearly not professional, I felt as if a bunch of failed high school students had collectively formed a branch together. Other than the unprofessionalism of the employees (including management), the warehouse was a complete mess. Boxes of products would take at least 15 minutes to find. There was no clear definitely separation of different "pickers" orders; I was often blamed for messing up orders I did not fill because the colors look really similar.

2. "Great place to get a lot of experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at SwimOutlet.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family environment
    Technology oriented
    Casual work environment/dress code
    Fast paced work environment
    Wear many hats
    Learn a lot and get exposure to a lot of areas that you wouldn't get in a bigger company
    Gym on site
    Fitness classes offered 4x/week
    Catered lunches 2x/week
    Gourmet food truck 2x/week

Cons

Because of how fast the company tempo is, sometimes information is not passed down quickly enough. It's good that things happen fast and a lot can be done in a short time, but communication is key to making sure people are on the same page.

Advice to Management

Make sure to continue to communicate as things happen fast at Swimoutlet. Over-communicating is better than not enough communication.