Switchgear Search and Recruiting - Not the job i will want | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Switchgear Search and Recruiting

"Not the job i will want"

Current Employee - Estimation and Electrical Engineer in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Estimation and Electrical Engineer in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Switchgear Search and Recruiting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed Job, Nothing much to do

Cons

Nothing much to do and just sitting behind the laptop and doing estimation.

Oct 6, 2016 – CEO

Hi, this is an unusual post because we has not had an Estimation and Electrical Engineer working for us in the last 12 months. We are the only company named Switchgear in Tulsa (according to Google... More

Other Employee Reviews for Switchgear Search and Recruiting

"Extremely rewarding and FUN environment"

I have been working at Switchgear Search and Recruiting full-time

Pros

Taking the leap of faith that is always the biggest scare of any job transition, from comfort to the unknown, was very difficult but I can tell you my experience can be summarized in these words: Freedom to Innovate, Planning Experts, and Beautiful Execution on all aspects of the project at hand. I have grown more professionally after 3 months with this group of Recruiting Legends than I did in the entirety of my tenure with my last company. I find myself getting to work early, I have fun 8 hours a day, and go home feeling accomplished and great about what I have done in those hours. I find myself looking forward to Mondays (I know, that's SUCH a cliche that it even annoys me to write it, but it's true) and genuinely enjoy even the challenges we all face in recruiting because I know I have the support of a team that will help me find the solution. The meetings we have are (believe it or not) PRODUCTIVE MEETINGS. They start on time, end on time, and they get the issue at hand DONE which is exactly how this group operates with Candidates and Clients. If you want to be surrounded, and mentored, by Effective "Do-ers" - this is THE place to be. I love being able to meet with a client and know, if I promise you something- my team will back me on delivery because they DO what they SAY they will.

I have to add, it's so much FUN. I've worked places that I have enjoyed but here, the boss is probably the one planning the prank or shenanigan. We have monthly goals with team rewards that you actually want to attain and an office full of people you can't wait to go have fun with! It's amazing what you can do and become in an environment that challenges you to excel, gives you the tools, shows you how to use them (or a better way to use them) and then elevates your confidence and celebrates success with you. I LOVE my job and my team!!

Cons

No one will be sensitive to your coffee addiction... they WILL make light of your very serious affliction.

Advice to Management

Continue on your track, keep freely providing your wealth of knowledge to your teams to make them better as recruiters/biz developers, and keep working so hard to put the right people in the right places because, from where I sit, it looks pretty great.

Nov 10, 2015 – CEO

YESSS!!!
    I'm so very glad you love it, because I do too! We did a pivot, we made a lot of changes and there's more structure now. But we needed those changes to stay true to what's important to... More

"Bad Apples.."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Switchgear is a very exciting and fun environment. We celebrate together and we persevere together! They take a completely different view on recruiting than I have seen anywhere else and I think that's what has contributed so much to the success of Switchgear. The CEO absolutely cares about the success of the company, but more so for the employees. She knows how to admit when she is wrong which is why she is already the most respected boss I have ever worked with. She works on the floor with us and sets up one on one meetings every month to not only go over problems we are facing at work, but to also catch up on a personal level and make sure that we are doing okay. I've always said that it takes a lot for someone to go online and write a good review, but it doesn't take much for someone to go and write a bad review. Remember that when reading other comments. I absolutely love how well we have been doing since "trimming the fat" and getting rid of a few bad apples that just honestly were not team players. Everyone here is a family and we support each other. I've never felt so welcomed and loved by those that I have worked with!

Cons

I wish we weren't left with a bunch of yellow laffy taffys at the bottom of the candy jar :(

Nov 2, 2015 – CEO

Thank you so much, I really appreciate that! You completely made my day!!

Our one-on-one meetings have made a huge difference to me and to the company. We rush around all month to hit our goals... More