Symantec - Symantec can be a great place to work, if you are in the right unit. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Symantec

"Symantec can be a great place to work, if you are in the right unit."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

We get to do some really cool stuff in the department I'm in. For the most part, I still feel like I'm at a startup.

Cons

Being embarrassed by some of the other pieces of software in our portfolio. When my work reaches outside our group, things grind to a halt. Our IT org is phenomenally inept.

Advice to Management

Fix IT. This company is no longer just an anti-virus company. The one size fits all attitude of IT is causing us to be out maneuvered by our competitors and it is also chasing away the more talented employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Symantec

"work environment STINKS"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Cupertino, CA

Pros

excellent Technology and tools, excellent learning possibility if the work env was good

Cons

contractors are treated like dirt, no respect, old timers have no respect for new comers; no support. some of the mid level managers have no clue what is expected of them. job assignmnets are done by one-liner emails, no team spirit; hire -no support -fire; That is why there are so many contract position on symantec; because of constant fires and kills. There is this "great" group with a director and an annalyst, with zero communication with hired contractors - the feeling seems to be new person may outshine them in the group. atleast a few people have quit and literally run away. They really make any new comers life miserable.

Advice to Management

train managers to be leaders, focus on work ethics and good working atmosphere. People would love to stay on if the work env is healthy and happy

"This company stopped being fun to work for since Veritas merger"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Cupertino, CA

Pros

Opportunity to learn matured processes in some areas

Cons

Brain drain is over and no merit left in current latent.

Advice to Management

Stop patronizing your buddies and start encouraging and promoting talent and loyalty.