Symantec - My Symantec: The world is a safer place because of my employer. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Symantec

"My Symantec: The world is a safer place because of my employer."

Current Employee - Senior Technical Account Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Technical Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Opportunity to be part of an innovative company. Part of one of the largest technology companies in the world. Symantec embraces a flat organizational chart that allows for easier access to senior officers. Symatec senior management has regular meetings to discuss the health of the company and how each employee is important to the overall success of the company.

Open door policies.

Cons

There are really not many downsides of working at Symantec. I would think that since Symantec is doing well that other companies may want the opportunity to acquire Symantec in a multi-billion dollar deal that would leave some of the employees to deal with yet another merger. But, the downsides are only a sign of better times on the horizon.

Advice to Management

That we strive to provide more open doors in Latin America and the Carribean. With my roots in the latino culture, I have a genuine hunger for seeing Latin America excel in all aspects of life. I believe that Symantec can be part of satiating the hunger that I share with millions of Latino professionals.

Other Employee Reviews for Symantec

1. "Solid company with room to grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

it's a solid company with solid values and products. Be ready to bring your "A" game cause there's lot's of talent here. The core products are intense and require a lot of knowledge in a lot of areas. if your up for it the rewards are there. Great Bennies decent vacation time (2weeks) and excelent equipment. People are easy going but aggresive. you really need to be ready for this.

Cons

Hours hours hours. Lot's of teams keep rather odd hours too (noon to 8:00) which can be difficult for family people. there's also a sense of distrust among managment and the teams which can be seen in the implementation of heavier policies. Nothing real crazy but definitely there. With one of the core values being "trust" we should demonstrate that more with the working class. With all of the success we're having, we don't see any of the -use to have- perc's like free soda or the occasional lunches as much. they still tend to treat the company as if we're losing money. They also went to this "Bonus" based incentive crap. Big mistake on their part. great for the company but cheesy and cheap to the worker.

Advice to Management

Somewhere along the line we need to integrate what we have into a complete solution. the parts are there. John needs to stop being so aloof with the work force. He comes across as an elitist to most and that's a shame. Get rid of all this bonus crap. a $25.00 gift card is a joke for the amount of effort we put in...

2. "Symantec's going through growing pains....but still is a good place to be....if you like change."

Current Employee - Human Resources in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Cupertino, CA

Pros

Opportunities for career growth and learning. I have been given significant opportunities to try new areas and develop in my career path. I am part of a fantastic team that has long tenure. We get a lot done with minimal staff because we lean on each other and leverage our strengths.

Cons

Politics, getting things done internally is difficult. It seems like people are trying to create work for themselves and show their value to "save" their jobs in this difficult economic environment.

Advice to Management

Make it easier to get the job done. Remove bureaucratic levels that makes it tough to do my job. Show through action that you value employees and want to retain them.