Symantec - Solid Career Growth and fast pace learning environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Symantec

"Solid Career Growth and fast pace learning environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Pros

Great Career Growth
Quick learning environment
Great Benefits

Cons

Pay not inline with competition

Advice to Management

Some individuals are not aware of the efforts put forth on the feedback they provide, the team does focus on this area but often we fail expose this effort

Other Employee Reviews for Symantec

1. "decent company"

Former Employee - Technical Writing Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Writing Manager in Cupertino, CA

Pros

On the whole, a largely positive professional experience. This organization had more appreciation for the techical writing job function than most other software organizations.

Cons

As with any other software development organization, the hours could be long and unpredictable. Sometimes senior management was out of touch.

Advice to Management

As a stock holder, I would like to see you take action to move the needle on the stock price. Consider implementing a dividend.

"Great environment for growth and development."

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Communications Manager in Mountain View, CA

Pros

There is a strong movement within the company to support employees in their career path. Thusfar, of all of the places I've worked, Symantec offers the best compensation, benefits and career development path. My background includes more than 15 years in the technology industry with both start ups and Fortune 500 companies.

Worklife balance is encourged.

The company also encourages and rewards people for achieving results by exemplifying the company's stated values--Innovation, Action, Customer Driven and Trust.

Overall, I am very content here and hope to continue in my career with the company.

Cons

- It's a big company so some of the bureaucracy that comes with that stature can impede progress.
    - The company has grown by acquistion and not all people who've stayed on embrace the values and the vision of the broader organization.
    - Within some groups gossip and politics can halt productivity.
    - Due to the bad economy, there are individuals who don't want to be with the company and undermine the company's goals and objectives.

Advice to Management

- Continue to weed out individuals who don't support or embrace our stated objectives.
    - Foster a mentality of "if you want to be here, then be part of the team."
    - Encourage discipline and rigor in our efforts to achieve our goals.