Symantec - Great Pay, Bennies, and work environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Symantec

"Great Pay, Bennies, and work environment"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Springfield, OR
Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Springfield, OR

I have been working at Symantec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is great, especially for a town like Eugene/Springfield. It's a fun work environment, that offers challenges, and promotes a team centric feel. Most managers are great to work for, and the company truley promotes a healthy work/life balance.

Cons

The only constant in this company is that things change. I have been with the company for just over a year, and my role is shortly changing for the third time. Part of this is due to the industry itself, but it can be frustrating to know that your role will probably change every 3-6 months. For the size of the company (25k employees), sometimes it feels like it is run like a small business.

Advice to Management

I would like to see management make a plan, communicate that plan to employees and STICK to the plan!

Other Employee Reviews for Symantec

"Enterprise Sales - SYMC "4.0" thinks this is shrink-wrapped software sales..."

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Symantec full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent products
    Unlimited comp plan
    Depending on the team, the other reps around you are genuinely helpful.
    Brand equity is still valuable on your resume.

Cons

As an AE, you spend a ton of time doing post-sales customer hand-holding because support is so overworked.

Very political. If you aren't juiced in, you aren't going anywhere. This applies not only to
    promotion opportunities, but your quota as well.

Not a sales-led culture.

Senior management seems to hate having a sales force. There are a ton of Intuit people running around and they all seem to think that high scale enterprise class software can be sold via an eCommerce strategy.

They hacked a ton of roles out and are now leaning harder on sales and support staff. I am today doing what 1.5 people historically did.

While comp is in theory unlimited, the chances to overachieve are difficult.

Advice to Management

Seriously, enough with the "wing-to-wing", "End-to-end", "mindset", and so on. I'm not looking to join a cult and I'm not some 23 year old kid fresh out of school looking for an identity. I'm a professional. Please respect that. Build products that work, support them, and realize that no customer is planning on dropping 7 figures on enterprise software with webinars and talking to some desk jockey on a headset in Springfield.

2. "Great Place to Work!!"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Symantec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Symantec for 2 years and some of the best reasons to work here are - innovation, employee development, flexibility, benefits, supportive & engaged management.

Cons

Since Symantec has acquired several companies over the years, there are still some inefficiencies that exist between divisions but is in the process of fixing those to make Symantec an even better organization.