Symetra - Good work/life balance | Glassdoor

"Good work/life balance"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Symetra full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reasonable work hours. Great for maintaining a family life.
Good place to learn and being able to contribute.

Cons

Big old company with long history from Safeco time.
It is political.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be more transparent. They are trying to achieve that. But it's not happening yet.

Other Employee Reviews for Symetra

"One of the Worst Companies to Work For"

I have been working at Symetra full-time

Pros

Generally good work-life balance, some nice people, great downtown Bellevue location

Cons

One of the most political environments. One Senior manager tried to manage the employee engagement survey by having a lot of "manipulated" activities so employees would rank the company higher, especially his survey.

Advice to Management

Stop losing so many valued employees by actually listening to what they are saying when they leave. Stop pretending to "care" by reading books of trust -- trust is earned, not achieved by reading a book. Stop allowing VPs to manage up and not really listen to the employees who are leaving. And stop telling folks to try "new" ideas if you really don't want to allow them to push for change but would rather continue to work "politically."

"I like Symetra!"

Current Employee - Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Symetra full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting, challenging work-ability to advance in career-company supports education & training - great coworkers-salary is in line with experience & position-can work flexible hours & can work from home-good benefits--growing company with opportunities for those that are interested-I've worked at a lot of places all over the country, for lots of different kinds of people & Symetra is one of the best--complainers should try working at a really bad company, then compare.

Cons

Some managers need new personalities & micromanage too much--but, I happen to love my manager, the director of my unit & the VP of my department.

Advice to Management

I think they do a pretty good job of keeping employees informed about the company and I think they are really invested in moving the company forward and growing