Synchrony - Good Job | Glassdoor

"Good Job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company works with you, good benefits, comfortable feel not micromanaged, true open door policy, no retaliation policy, ok pay, constant events, everyone is nice, barely any drama

Cons

Not diverse anymore. Hispanics outrank every other race and thats currently the only race being promoted to higher positions. Not upset because I trained a few of them but its a a con because being that I trained a lot of people there I have noticed more qualified people for these positions being skipped over for less qualified applicants & people who have been in the role for 7 months promoted over someone of 4... years who was well qualified. Caucasian, African American, etc. Currently this is the only con I have because when you allow unqualified people to join my team it puts more work on us because they ask questions they should know coming in the door and need step by step tutorials. If you see this understand the excuse “they answered the question best” does not work. Take into account their career at synchrony and their stats as that is what will help them in the higher roles.

Advice to Management

Keep the promotions diverse. Or if you know you’re hiring one demographic say that so no one feels mislead after the fact.

Synchrony2019-08-15

"Great Employer, Very Flexible"

Current Employee - Collections Representative

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible with your schedule and what you can do as far as time off goes. Some of the best benefits you will find in a company. Rewarded based on performance, with a bonus sometimes equaling a whole extra paycheck if you’re decent at your job.

Cons

Stressful dealing with customers who already can’t afford their bills and calling them at inconvenient hours for them. When they hang up or do something beyond your control, it can impact your performance and bonus.

Advice to Management

Be more understanding of calls that don’t go well and don’t make the employee feel that a bad call day is, in whole, their fault.

Synchrony2019-08-14
  2. "Good environment"

Current Intern - Data Science Intern

I have been working at Synchrony

Pros

Good environment and nice colleagues.

Cons

The work efficiency is slow sometimes.

Synchrony2019-09-15

Discover more reviews about Synchrony.