Syneren Technologies Corporation - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Syneren Technologies Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was nervous about accepting an employment offer because of the reviews posted on this site but I am so glad that I did. Syneren is a great place to work at with wonderful, highly capable, hard working people. It has a open and family like working atmosphere and they care about their employees and their well-being. When interest is expressed there are a lot of opportunities for involvement in new projects and potential for promotion. Good team of smart people, supportive and approachable management. They offer benefits and 401k. I am not sure about the experience of the previous reviews and what happened but I believe that if they had expressed their concerns with the management that they would have been addressed.

Cons

Long commute as I live in Silver Spring, md.

Other Employee Reviews for Syneren Technologies Corporation

"Run Away From These Guys Fast!"

Pros

None that I can think of at the moment. They are a small company and if you are just out of college this might be an ok place to start. However, I think that there are lots of other places that would be so much better to start than Syneren.

Cons

Liars, cheats and scum. Poor communication skills between management and employees. Expect this company to lowball any bid and attempt to bring in talent that is not qualified to do the job. Expect this company to make an offer you can refuse. I was given less than hour to make a decision on the offer of employment as an incumbent. I took the offer because a job is better than not having one, but then again after only working for a few weeks I think I might have been better off refusing. I have seen this company lie to the employees and to the task managers for the contract that I am on. I have seen this company attempt to bring in employees who just can't do the job and I end up having to do more work because the person can not do the job. I have seen them switch out project managers and lie to them. This is a horrible company to work for and I just can't recommend them to anyone ever.

Advice to Management

Expect to pay for talent and try reading the task before you go an attempt to hire people. Bringing people onto task that are not qualified to do the job is not going to do you any favors.

"Secretive, nasty, weird people who screw employees and lose business by failing to capture opportunities."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Lanham, MD
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Lanham, MD

I worked at Syneren Technologies Corporation as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I made a few bucks working for these yahoos.

Cons

Totally secretive, shared nothing, gave no information about the projects I worked on, left it for me to figure things out for myself, lowballed me on my consulting rate, screwed me on hours, left me hanging with no work. These are not nice people and I have worked for other beltway bandit firms who actually provided a pleasant atmosphere and cared about their staff.

Advice to Management

Change your attitude 180 degrees toward your employees. Your approach to management is costing you a lot of business.