Synovus - An OK place to work | Glassdoor

"An OK place to work"

Pros

Good work environment, fairly stable, good job security (until recently atleast), no real push to be too sales intensive, use of suggestive sales

Cons

low pay, very little room for advancement, too much politics in the workplace plantation style managment , good ole boy culture,

Advice to Management

Pay more, offer more room for advancement, don't use plantation management tactic to keep people in their jobs, too much politics

Other Employee Reviews for Synovus

1. "Synovus Bank Positive"

Pros

Synovus cares about you and your family. They try and keep you growing and if you want to move up they will work to help you grow.

Cons

Synovus is doing some cut back currently to help become profitable again. Moral currently is down because of this change.

2. "I love my Job...REALLY"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

Outstanding leadership, work environment, and fellow team members. The environment is overall positive and promotes team member empowerment. I see myself growing with Synovus for many years to come. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Cons

Systems are slow and sometimes can appear in-efficient. Online banking features are "ok", but not as advanced as some of the bigger banks. More of a centralized employee support system is needed for consistency. Little to no advertisement and brand recognition. Seems to commercial banking focused at times.

Advice to Management

Synovus is a great brand, with great people. The company should do more to advertise to the consumer who we really are. Not enough time and money goes into "consumer bank" branding...don't focus so much on commercial banking