Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good biotech career with healthy work and life balance

Jun 6, 2021 - Scientist in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, location, people, and exciting science

Cons

Not much opportunity for promotions

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Cutting Edge Biotech

Sep 9, 2021 - Technical Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Colleagues and Talent Leadership

Cons

Finding engineers that are passionate about Biotech is a bit challenging but fun problem to work on

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Career Growth at a Cutting-Edge Company

May 25, 2021 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Reading the negative reviews by other employees is surprising to me because that has not been my experience AT ALL! It leads me to believe that the experience is confined to one or two groups (rather than the vast majority) that hopefully can be improved and addressed by leadership. What's exciting about working at Synthego is that the company is poised to do incredibly well in its space (and having equity is huge perk), and is in a high-growth mode. That means that for those who work hard, advocate for themselves, and seek out opportunities there is a lot of room to grow. My manager and team has consistently supported me as I've grown, asked to take on new projects, and been promoted.

Cons

A 401k match would be nice to add. With the pro of high-growth and scaling comes the flip-side to that with some growing pains as we mature and try to get the right processes / org structure in place. Communication could be more proactive. Sometimes as a culture we take on a lot of work and it can feel daunting at times. This is gradually improving as we bring on more people and resources. But I also see this is a pro because it means there's an opportunity to step up and ask to be part of projects since a lot of initiatives would gladly accept helping hands.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Synthego.