Sysco - District Manager | Glassdoor

"District Manager"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Miami, FL
Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Sysco full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexability in hours
Not confined to an office. On the road

Cons

Company is ran by corporate and there is little consideration or understaning of the real world.
Focus is often put on things that have no relavance while things that need to be addressed go unaddressed.
Customers needs are often an afterthought. The bottom line is the most important thing to upper management no matter how adversly it affects customers.

Advice to Management

Listen to your customers needs and sales peoples ideas. They are the heart of the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Sysco

"Used to be great but made some poor strategic decisions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Sysco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Tend to believe vendors over employees. Made expensive mistakes with IT infrastructure outsourcing to IBM and then move to SAP.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people

"Dead end Sales Job"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate (Sales Representative ) in Wisconsin Dells, WI

I worked at Sysco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some flexibility in hours, free food from all the samples

Cons

Well do I start! The most you will make is when you start. Was there for 6 years and increased my sales by 10% or better each year however I made less every year. Had 7 different pay plans during that time and every salary change I was promised that I would make more money! Hogwash! Management was way over their heads, poor decisions. Being on call all the time, no help from customer service. Unorganized district meetings, what a joke. LOL 99% of the reps hated them and thought it was a waste of time....

Advice to Management

Keep it simple. Too much management stuck in there office chairs trying to come up with ideas on how to increase sales. How can you do that when you have no clue of what is really happening on the road. Get off your buts and talk/visit with your customers! Listen to your sales people. Management has no clue. How can you spend thousands of dollars on a food show just to have management sit on their buts away from the customers talking about what they were going to do on the weekend!!! I'm a professional but this company had no plan for me. Dead end job. Super glad I left . Now I'm back on career growth and meeting my potential......