Sysco - DSM | Glassdoor

"DSM"

Pros

leading a team during a period of change

Cons

old boyz network and politics

Other Employee Reviews for Sysco

1. "Excellent company to work for with tons of opportunity for advancement"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate

I have been working at Sysco full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great compensation; plethora of tools provided to help you succeed; incentive trips; company is always on the cutting edge and leader in the industry. Competitors often try to copy.

Cons

You have to collect your sales.

Advice to Management

Don't forget to listen to your customer facing employees

2. "Used to be challenging and rewarding, now just horrible"

I have been working at Sysco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are still good people there, but many are overworked and underappreciated; I fear they will not be there much longer. Compensation is good.

Cons

Since the transformation to the new software system did not gone as planned, their recent business decisions reek of desperation; they seem to jump on the first bandwagon that promises any kind of return without considering the possible consequences or if it will even work (e.g., outsourcing IT to a non-English speaking company; moving all accounting functions to Texas to be handled by new-to-Sysco employees that do not have even a basic understanding of how Sysco works). Both of these have taken away from the bottom line rather than added to it, but corporate is too proud to admit their mistakes and we all must live with the results.

Management is secretive and, if you are told of something, you can almost guarantee that the exact opposite will happen. The overall work environment today leaves so much to be desired; shortcuts are often taken at others' expense. The unspoken motto seems to have become "as long as it's not on my desk and I can't be blamed for it, I'm fine with it" (it used to be "what is the right thing to do"). If one has a conscious at all, they will have a VERY hard time working here.

Advice to Management

I do not think it matters what I say here; management will do what they want, when they want... their only concern is that their stock options do not lose value.