Sysco - Great place to work! | Glassdoor

"Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Department Secretary in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Department Secretary in Houston, TX

I worked at Sysco full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stability, great benefits, afforded me with the ability to learn new things and gain greater skills, allowed me to continue my education - I was blessed with the opportunity to work for some really great people / great talents. Flexible and empathetic.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say - no cons.

Advice to Management

N/A

Other Employee Reviews for Sysco

1. "don't care about the customer"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate (Sales Representative ) in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate (Sales Representative ) in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Sysco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, stock options, size of the company, ability to make a good living. Flexibility on the schedule, weekends and holidays off.

Cons

Middle management doesn't appear to care about the customer, some employees are dishonest. The acquisition is making everyone nervous.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the customer.

"No opportunity to be financially comfortable"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate (Sales Representative ) in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Sysco full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good people who are willing to be helpful. Good trainer but he should have more control over what he trains on; topics seem to be controlled by management. Annual and quaterly recognition for meeting sales goals.

Cons

Inadequate technology systems. Micro-management by leadership. Expected to use your own car and pay for your own cell phone for work but without any reimbursement. Pay is average but seriously inadequate for the hours and the effort this job requires. No room for advancement. Constant changes to pay plans - felt like I couldn't plan a personal budget that would be accurate for very long.

Advice to Management

upgrade the technology system. Trust the people you hire to do the gob you hired them for. Stop overwhelming your employees for reports and micro-management.