Syscon Justice Systems - Terrible place to work | Glassdoor

"Terrible place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Pros

Syscon provides IT solutions for jails and that is far more interesting than working for a bank, it has offices in Vancouver, London and Sydney and some staff have got secondments to different countries.

If you have young children the on-site childcare is very useful.

Cons

Syscon is by far the worse employer I have ever worked from, there is no communication and they have the worse expense policy I have ever seen.

If I had know what they were like I would never have joined. Staff turnover must be around 15% at the moment and would be higher if it wasn't for the recession.

Advice to Management

The senior management team has a lot of issues to address to save this company and they need some outside help to delayer the management structure(7 layers for 100 employees) and to re-design the processes.

Other Employee Reviews for Syscon Justice Systems

1. "Great work/life balance."

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Syscon Justice Systems full-time

Pros

Easy, flexible, low profile job. The Richmond office is very quiet come 5 o'clock. Nice and only occasional travel to some very fun cities.

Cons

Not great with rewarding employees and the pay/benefits are marginal. The benefits trended down the longer I stayed. Never offered any training. Nice coworkers but the talented ones do not last. The tools/technology is decent but it doesn't offer many opportunities to branch out.

Advice to Management

Take better care of current employees. I felt like the only way to get a raise was to leave the company.

"Great Potential"

Current Employee - Sales in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Syscon Justice Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has been in business for close to 35 years and has a solid install base. New Management has a reasonable view of the future and is putting the necessary pieces in place to achieve realistic goals.

Cons

Company recently came through a necessary restructure and there is still some dust to settle. There is still a lot of processes that need refinement.

Advice to Management

Stay the course, Syscon has the potential to leverage its long successful history to bring new solutions to Jail Management. Continue to build the necessary foundational culture that will usher Syscon through the next 20 years.