Syscon Justice Systems - Terrible place to work | Glassdoor

"Terrible place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Pros

Syscon provides IT solutions for jails and that is far more interesting than working for a bank, it has offices in Vancouver, London and Sydney and some staff have got secondments to different countries.

If you have young children the on-site childcare is very useful.

Cons

Syscon is by far the worse employer I have ever worked from, there is no communication and they have the worse expense policy I have ever seen.

If I had know what they were like I would never have joined. Staff turnover must be around 15% at the moment and would be higher if it wasn't for the recession.

Advice to Management

The senior management team has a lot of issues to address to save this company and they need some outside help to delayer the management structure(7 layers for 100 employees) and to re-design the processes.

Other Employee Reviews for Syscon Justice Systems

1. "Great work/life balance."

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Syscon Justice Systems full-time

Pros

Easy, flexible, low profile job. The Richmond office is very quiet come 5 o'clock. Nice and only occasional travel to some very fun cities.

Cons

Not great with rewarding employees and the pay/benefits are marginal. The benefits trended down the longer I stayed. Never offered any training. Nice coworkers but the talented ones do not last. The tools/technology is decent but it doesn't offer many opportunities to branch out.

Advice to Management

Take better care of current employees. I felt like the only way to get a raise was to leave the company.

"Leadership with vision missing"

Former Employee - Configuration Engineer in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Configuration Engineer in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I worked at Syscon Justice Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team member supported each other.
    Original leadership (pre spring 2016) cared and was committed to employees and customers.
    Many long term employees with deep domain knowledge of the industry.

Cons

New leader is a sales guy from big consulting space. His motivational speeches use the word "I will do" way too often. Not a leader who creates vision that people want to follow, but an ok manager. Too bad, the previous CEO had a vision and people at least trusted him and wanted to follow him. New one hired his friends mostly, and even they have left I have heard.

Advice to Management

Get a leader with a vision who can lead, then listen to your team who have the domain knowledge