Systems Evolution - 2.5 Stars: A good job not a career | Glassdoor

"2.5 Stars: A good job not a career"

Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Systems Evolution full-time

Pros

Nice consultants, decent set of clients Pretty good pay for the work once you get promoted Very social

Cons

Not a career... no where to go. With only one Managing Director per office there just isn't an opportunity, period. 90% of the work is staff augmentation not strategic project management. They talk about employee ownership which is great, but the upside is so small for newer folks is financially meaningless Haven't seen the leadership lead. That includes the CEO and local leadership

Advice to Management

What's the value proposition for new hires or established Principles without chunks of equity?

Systems Evolution2019-05-09

"Transparency, Collaboration, Empowerment"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Who’s up for a long review on what it’s really like to be part of SEI? You are? Great! Let’s dive in. I’ve been part of SEI for over five years and I’m as sure today as I was on the day I joined that this is where I want to spend the rest of my career. And that’s saying something given that I easily have another 20-25 years ahead of me work-wise. How many people feel that way about companies nowadays? Rarely...

Cons

The great thing about SEI is that if you're experiencing a con, well, you're part owner of the firm - you're empowered to fix it.

Advice to Management

Keep true to the model, it's worked since 1992 for a reason.

Systems Evolution2019-06-19

"Employee Ownership, Open-Book"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Great clients with projects that are complex, challenging, enterprise, and impactful. - We’re “sticky” at clients, do a great job, delivery with integrity keeps us at a client longer. - Employee ownership means we are all accountable, driving the business forward, helping one another. - Leadership that cares about the employees, strives to help us succeed. - Compensation is competitive, stock ownership is lucrative.

Cons

I don’t really have any cons. Our leadership addresses things before they become a ‘con’.

Systems Evolution2019-05-27

Discover more reviews about Systems Evolution.