Systems Evolution - I have been at SEI longer than any other firm I have worked for | Glassdoor

"I have been at SEI longer than any other firm I have worked for"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I found that being a part of SEI is exactly as described during the interview process. It is a very flat organization with very low overhead. Unlike other firms where I have worked there is no class distinctions between those that are owners (partners) and those that aren't. The simple fact is any senior or principal can acquire shares in the LLC and many have. A key component of the model is cooperation rather than competition....

Cons

Although SEI is substantially larger than it was when I started, it is still a growing organization that is still establishing itself in each of its markets. The folks that are the most comfortable at SEI are those that are confident in their consulting skills, prefer cooperation over competition, and want to be able to help shape the organization.

Advice to Management

At SEI there is no need to provide blind feedback to management. If I have an idea that I think will help, then I tell them directly.

Systems Evolution2019-06-28
  1. "Culture Driven, Collaborative and Entrepreneurial Spirited Company"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You are treated as an owner of the company because you are! The ideas and solutions employees come up with are heard. It is hard work but the pay off is worth it.

Cons

It's clear the company is not for everyone. The interview process is the opportunity for self evaluation to ensure both parties are aligned.

Systems Evolution2019-08-16
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time for less than a year

Pros

People: The people are the best part about this organization. A great group of people willing to help one another whether it is on a project or developing a new skill. Career Growth: You also have the opportunity to work in different sectors and different areas that interest you. Work/Life Balance: Local clients (no travel) with flexibility in terms of schedule.

Cons

Less name recognition than some of the other consulting firms

Systems Evolution2019-07-30

Discover more reviews about Systems Evolution.