T.G.I. Friday's - Overall a fun company! | Glassdoor

"Overall a fun company!"

Former Employee - Bartender in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Bartender in Orlando, FL

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friday's is not at all a stuffy company, runs all sorts of enjoyable incentive programs, and has thorough and efficient training processes. I went from hostess to food runner to server to bartender and really enjoyed it.

Cons

They have cracked down on a few policies. They no longer allow hats, visible tattoos, or smoking on property, didn't affect me in any way but I know several of my co-workers were less than thrilled with the changes.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

1. "Another corporate restaurant that loses sight of its employees"

Former Employee - Bartender in Watchung, NJ
    Former Employee - Bartender in Watchung, NJ

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working there because the hourly employees were fun, the food is usually good, and the atmosphere was up-beat. They also have a number of different benefits available (depending on if the store is Corporate of Franchise).

Cons

Many good hourly employees fall between the cracks when management and home offices follow the 'customer is always right' policy. Friday's will give away food or fire hourly employees at the drop of a hate to appease its customers. Those things do have to happen some times, but they happen weekly, or in some cases nightly, at Friday's. Also, there is no clear path laid out for hourly employees that shows them Friday's could be a career, and so many of them see it as, 'my job right now.'

Advice to Management

Implement other, more creative strategies to calm customers who have complaints--not every problem should be fixed with free food or a fired employee. Many people who complain are not looking for free product, they just want to be heard and acknowledged.

2. "I have a problem with not vacation pay and not sick days"

Current Employee - Line Cook in Yonkers, NY
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Yonkers, NY

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fun environment and manager are ok

Cons

my restaurant is just not organized so we get more work to do than we need to and they need to hire more people to help with prep

Advice to Management

management need to step their game up and hire enough people to get the results that they want