T.G.I. Friday's - fun job great people | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"fun job great people"

Former Employee - Line Cook in Vestal, NY
Former Employee - Line Cook in Vestal, NY

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

cleal organized good equipment all in working order

Cons

parking and traffic sucks always

Other Employee Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

"Can be a fun place to work, depending on your co-workers"

Former Employee - Server in Taunton, MA
    Former Employee - Server in Taunton, MA

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training program, they hire fun people who are great to be around for the most part. Most management I've worked with have been good.

Cons

Give out way to many coupons. Most of the regulars are cheapskates who will complain, use 5 coupons, and leave you a crummy tip. Also they hire some pretty terrible cooks, most of them are miserable and hate their job.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees and not just about the guests. Having people work on Thanksgiving and Christmas is just selfish, same goes for giving out a million coupons, and bringing in people who only care about a bargain and not about the place itself

2. "Another corporate restaurant that loses sight of its employees"

Former Employee - Bartender in Watchung, NJ
    Former Employee - Bartender in Watchung, NJ

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working there because the hourly employees were fun, the food is usually good, and the atmosphere was up-beat. They also have a number of different benefits available (depending on if the store is Corporate of Franchise).

Cons

Many good hourly employees fall between the cracks when management and home offices follow the 'customer is always right' policy. Friday's will give away food or fire hourly employees at the drop of a hate to appease its customers. Those things do have to happen some times, but they happen weekly, or in some cases nightly, at Friday's. Also, there is no clear path laid out for hourly employees that shows them Friday's could be a career, and so many of them see it as, 'my job right now.'

Advice to Management

Implement other, more creative strategies to calm customers who have complaints--not every problem should be fixed with free food or a fired employee. Many people who complain are not looking for free product, they just want to be heard and acknowledged.