T.G.I. Friday's - Work hard, and you'll see results, in MOST cases. Don't let other careless team members drag you down. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

"Work hard, and you'll see results, in MOST cases. Don't let other careless team members drag you down."

Current Employee - Waitress in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Waitress in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great family atmosphere, staff is friendly and even if all get stressed out during the rush hours, we all get along at the end of the day. Flexible scheduling, but you need to cooperate with management. It's your responsibility to play your part, if you don't do so, you won't be successful.

Cons

You could put every bit of effort into a table, do every service style step, and you might STILL end up being stiffed. It all has to do with location, many aspects of our clientele do not realize that we are living off our tips. It gets frustrating, but when you build connections with regular guests, those losses are diminished.

Just because others are slacking does not mean that is the standard. We need role models so we can maintain, and succeed the standard. Train more coaches!

Many team members are hired in desperation, and in course last a week before quitting because they can't handle the stress.

Advice to Management

Reform the hiring process, too much time is wasted hiring people who aren't fit for the job. Train in house so that we can help management train additional employees as coaches, we are greatly understaffed, and staffed with people who aren't putting in their full effort.

Other Employee Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

"Horrible management!!!!!"

Current Employee - Waiter/Server
    Current Employee - Waiter/Server

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being able to waitress is a hard and stressful job, but getting great tips after really working a table always makes you feel great! Mostly a clean restaurant to work in with good tasting food. Ability to move up fast.

Cons

Management is awful. I have worked in different locations and they are all the same. They let their employees run the show. They allow other employees to be bullied and harassed. This type of job unfortunately allows the worst type of language and treatment of coworkers while management turns a blind eye.

Advice to Management

A positive upbeat environment should be strived for with employees hat don't dread going to work. Care about the treatment of your staff and encourage a positive work environment. Especially since the waiters are in direct contact with your sales, and happy employees sale more!

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Server in Mansfield, MA
    Current Employee - Server in Mansfield, MA

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Training. Company has a great image.

Cons

NPS scores are not always accurate. People will go out of their way to complain before they will go out of their way to complement.

Advice to Management

Positive Reinforcement