T.G.I. Friday's - fridays is fun | Glassdoor

"fridays is fun"

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Union City, CA
Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Union City, CA

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

fridays is a fun place to work, meet losts of people and make new friends.

Cons

when its really busy the customers can be really challenging

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Other Employee Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

"Far too much pressure to be a server!"

Former Employee - Server in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Austin, TX

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Teamwork (depending on which store/area you work at), growing menu/ fresh menu items, vacation time

Cons

It's a big corporation so all they care about is driving sales. We have a new daily, weekly, monthly contest every few days and it's almost impossible to keep track of what contest they're focusing most on, especially when there are 4 contests being run all at once. They are very forceful about having a high PPA, upselling, alcohol sales, and guest surveys, to the point of we are threatened to be demoted to host if we don't sell enough alcohol, have a high PPA, and consistently receive good survey results. And it is stupid how anything that is considered "positive" on the survey is 9 or 10. We're consistently written up for receiving an 8 or 7 on a survey, even when the guest believes that is a good rating and has nothing but good to say about us. The list of "non-negotiable brand standards" that we are required to perform at each table absolutely ridiculous, almost impossible to execute, and annoying to the guests! It takes about 3 minutes to "properly" greet our tables and another 5 minutes total throughout the rest of the dining experience to upsell, ask a million questions, and upsell even more. The managers do not communicate with one another and each one cares about something different, and most of them do not agree on how to handle coupons, guest complaints, upcharging, etc. The cooks generally do not care about their jobs, and each cook makes each dish differently, so the guest never gets consistent food quality, recipe, ingredients, and especially portion sizes. Same goes with bar drinks, every bartender makes every drink differently and the guests never know what to expect. Management does not pay attention to who works on which holidays, so the good workers usually end up working every holiday while others get almost every single one off. I worked 4 out of 5 holidays so far this year and when I asked if I could have the next one off, the manager was not sure...how fair is that when most of my coworkers have only worked 1 or 2 so far and will also have the next few off?!

Advice to Management

More communication among each other, and, please, sit down and discuss main issues and agree on how to handle them so we're not given a different answer each time we ask.

2. "Min. payed job as a server. However, the tips were better than anywhere."

Former Employee - Student in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Student in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

Tips, good food, 50% discount, good training program, good atmosphere, good looking people

Cons

No breaks or lunch, very busy

Advice to Management

N/A