T.G.I. Friday's - good money flexible hours | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

"good money flexible hours"

Former Employee - Waitor in Cross Lanes, WV
Former Employee - Waitor in Cross Lanes, WV

Pros

good money flexible hours fun work environment seems to be an upbeat workplace still and employees seem to stay for a long time

Cons

restaurant open late open until 12:00 am hard to have a family or study for school with such late hours

Advice to Management

overall good work experience scheduling is very fair and promotions seemed to be fair as well no complaints from me

Other Employee Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

1. "Not supportive of employees and lacking in urgency"

Former Employee - Unresponsive Management in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Employee - Unresponsive Management in Coraopolis, PA

Pros

401k, paid vacation after one year of 24+hours/week, insurance, and the ability to bid weekly for what you would like to work.

Cons

Management shows favoritism. Management contradicts each other. Management never seems to show urgency when they are needed to call for repairs, provide discounts, or talk to a table and often can be found on their cell phone talking or texting in the private office.

The company offers a lot of coupons that overlap, which when are presented by customers that find out they can only use certain ones together take it out of your tips and become very dissatisfied. Became so much of a problem asking for coupons at greeting became standard practice.

Menu changes frequently based on US and often removes the customer's favorite items.

When customers' complain they often just comp the food to shut them up. Several times the same customer made the same complaint every week and every week received their meals for free. Often the customer was just making the complaint after eating the meal, because they knew it would be free.

The marketing department does not properly support the local stores and the local stores are not allow to advertise on their own. Sunday brunch is the worst shift of the week because no one knows about.

They now require the stores to be open 365, so someone has to work Christmas day.

You have to work sick unless you can find someone to replace you for the day or you want fired, well for some people.

Roaches

Advice to Management

Be available to your employees when they need you. Do not just give away food when there is something wrong. Use a better system of advertisement other than coupons. Do not change the menu so often. Make sure your locations are upheld to high standards.

2. "Good company with some growth opportunities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

Friday's is really a good company to work for because for the most part they promote from within. Depending on your managers, they are usually pretty understanding when it comes to personal life.

Cons

The clientele isn't always the greatest depending on location. For the most part, everyone is nice, but like most restaurants you never know who is going to be at your table.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! Always make sure to listen when your employees have suggestions because usually everyone on the staff feels the same way.