T-Mobile - Pretty good for an interim company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

"Pretty good for an interim company"

Current Employee - Human Resources Program Manager in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Human Resources Program Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people- hands down- truly make it a best place to work. Feel like I'm back at college with the genuine camaraderie and enthusiasm for the workplace. Can't beat the uplifting Magenta color every where you turn

Cons

Can't recall one consistent time period though the Att acquisition turned things upside down for awhile. Still, they operate like a start up (17 yrs old) and seem to be happy being 4th place. For being a hi tech co in Seattle, processes are quite ancient, never seem to have enough resources to move ahead of the game. Rely on "best practices" rather than blazing their own path...

Advice to Management

Get out of the "scrappy dog" mindset and strive for first place. With the "underdog" thinking and behaving, we won't get much further than where we are today. Trust the innovative ideas of your people - just b/c one company does it a certain way, doesn't mean it will work for us. Consider blazing the trail...

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

"T-Mobile is struggling to find its direction"

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good pay, decent product, the stores are nice, the rates are incredible, it's a big company with a decent sized pocket book so spending money on keeping the stores running wasn't an issue there

Cons

The direction of the company seems very mismanaged. Over my time with them it went from being a true SALES organization to more of a customer service focus to being very device focused (with the HUGE exception of missing the boat on the iPhone) and then trying to get reps to be able to do everything. Their goals were way too lofty for the resources they were willing to put towards it (a.k.a. advertising $$) and they didn't have clear direction from the district manager level up as far as how to get there.

Advice to Management

Set clear expectations for your front-line sales reps and managers. Changing your focus each month (I even saw the focus change weekly) makes that moving target very difficult to hit. Rely on training and development of your tenured employees to help bring up the level of performance in each store.

"It was GREAT at first!"

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Frisco, TX

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I loved how the company had its employee's backs.

Cons

They laid us off then only to but another company with a lot of employee's.