T-Mobile - Values driven company. | Glassdoor

"Values driven company."

Former Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company puts a lot of sincere effort into staying true to their core values in all of the decisions they make. Great benefits and pay.

Cons

Constant change that is intended to improve business creates huge workloads for everyone, and often does not result in the success they were seeking. Frequent changes to commission plans put strain on front line employees.

Advice to Management

Determine the target market and strategy and stick with it. Avoid confusing the customer with who T. Mobile wants to be.

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

"Ok in training but once you get on the floor, run for your life"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Half price phones, $15 all inclusive rates plans for phones, health insurance package, they even offer pet insurance!

Training program is good and you're paid for it. My coach in training was an excellent teacher and an overall nice person to work for.

Cons

Once you get through training, sales are the only thing that matter. You are required to keep your calls under 7 minutes long, even if the problem is not resolved. My coach wanted us to upsell twice on EVERY call, even if the customer was upset with their bill and was clearly not trying to buy anything more. I got cussed out on a daily basis. Co-workers who did make the sales quota either did not remove services customers had asked them to or would add services without the proper permission.

After one bad call where I had to remove about $45 worth of services, my coach threatened me with my job. And that's when I quit. This job is not worth the stress and is just a waste of time. Don't bother.

Advice to Management

You are promoted a bad customer experience. Stop with the pushy selling.

"T-mobile job"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Technician in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits where good, get 2 new phones a year, had 401, good health care. I loved my job, as my interest has always been telecommunications and loved working mostly alone outdoors on equipment.

Cons

When you are 65 or get payed too much, they secretly find ways to get you out fast, to save money. They try to find more work and ask you to work extra hours and when you can do it, they give up and say we just don't want you in the company any more, you must leave, no warning and no are allowed to be asked.

Advice to Management

Take care of your best employees that have spent over 10 years with the company. Don't make false reason to get rid of a good employee, just because he is now 65 and making more than his supervisor, just to save money. Watch supervisors, as they make stories, so that they can get rid of you, even though they praised you for over 11 years for great work, in your reviews.