T-Mobile - I love my job | Glassdoor

"I love my job"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance, good pay, cool people, advancement opportunities, opportunities to make big decisions, you can really shape the business if you work hard. I would highly recommend working for T-Mobile. It's a company that I really feel is "good", both in business and morally.

Cons

Groups don't do the math before making the decision, which means there's a lot of clean up. Innovation can be a bit of a challenge due to the beurocracy.

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

"Great Benefits but company lacks focus"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for T-mobile even as a part time representative can be a great job. The benefits made available to employees are great and include health & dental, 401K, and discount phone service plus their are always perks made available via device manufacturers.

Cons

The company was not aggressive in getting top tier devices and building out a better network in the past and the perception that T-mobile is a terrible cell carrier has stuck with many people and the companies lack of major marketing akin to what rivals like Verizon have leaves it completely on representatives to overcome all of the negative feelings people have towards T-Mobile. While other companie advertise many of the devices and services that they offer T-Mobile is behind on this. At times customers just assume that they can not get a service or product from T-mobile and if the company doesn't take steps to change this perception even before people walk into the stores it's future does not look good.

Advice to Management

Stop changing focus every five minutes and actually look at each store and area individually when putting together goals and focuses for representatives.

"It was good at first and then everything went downhill."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Memphis, TN

I worked at T-Mobile part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Works with school schedule and good team environment

Cons

No real chance for advancement unless you kiss major butt. Your chances for advancement have more to do with popularity than talent. If you have both, you will definetely move up. The pay is also very bad compare to what it used to be when I first started.

Advice to Management

Stop gossiping so much