T-Mobile - Retail sales has unachievable goals. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

"Retail sales has unachievable goals."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate
Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun people to work with, decent health benefits, nearly free cell phone plan.

Cons

We were given goals each month that did not take in to account current trends in the area. Every store in the county could have a bad sales month, but it was always blamed on the reps.
Customer service rules constantly changed making us in the field look like we were lying to our customers.
And personally, each time I was told I was ready to be promoted, management changed and the new manager wanted time to get to know me before making any decisions.

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

1. "Management tends to hire people who are friends, promotion is nil"

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good wage, decent benefits, some good supervisors

Cons

Management hires friends, promotion is by friendship rather then by how hard you work, management doesn't hear the "little people"

2. "T-Mobile"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, health and dental, 401k, vacation, phone and service discounts, flexible scheduling, interesting/fun work environment and coworkers

Cons

Inconsistency and lack of direction within the company. commission constantly restructured and usually confusing resulting in smaller paychecks but presented as a positive opportunity. outsourcing of call center jobs lowering customer satisfaction and raising employee frustration. Internal POS infrastructure outdated, unreliable, inefficient causing transactions to take far longer than they have to. Right fit guides create uncomfortable, robotic interaction with customers when actually used, but more often than not completed after the fact resulting in more wasted time and money... Over the top focus on handset protection metric is an issue... Secret shops are a waste of company resources, obvious when encountered; an unrealistic waste of time.

Advice to Management

Listen to your front line employees. Get back to rate plans that customers, and employees, can understand.