T-Mobile - Best company that I have ever worked for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

"Best company that I have ever worked for."

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist Tier III in Frisco, TX
Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist Tier III in Frisco, TX

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Highly motivated individuals who are proud of their jobs.
- Offered top notch training and support. Would be introduced and trained on every phone and tablet that the company launched ahead of its release.
- Access to the latest phones before they are out on the market.
- Able to voice concerns to management without having to worry. Management was on your side and took employee feedback seriously.
- Company truly operates on its values

Cons

- Being part of customer service meant that you had to deal with rude and technologically handicapped customers who had no idea of the capabilities and limitations of their devices and often blamed us for it. e.g. "my friend can use Skype on their phone but my phone (which is not a smartphone) wont let me use Skype
- No fixed schedules - Had to rotate schedules every 6 months

Advice to Management

Get access to high a class devices to attract top dollar customers esp iPhone customers.

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

"Systems Analyst III - Bothell"

Former Employee - Technical Analyst III in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst III in Bothell, WA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

T-Mobile has a good benefit package and great, hard-working people.
    In the beginning T-Mobile was employee focused and it was a great place to work until the last couple of years.

Cons

T-Mobile has a culture of bad management. People are promoted to management positions because of either the old-boy network or a job well-done and not for leadership and management skills.
    The environment in some departments boarders on being toxic at times.
    Gossip is rampant.
    There is no clear career path to promotion and many times we work without a clear job description. As a result, expectations and responsibilities change frequently. Because many positions require us to work cross-functionally, it is very difficult to know our job boundaries. This has led to misunderstanding a duplication of efforts.
    Many times people are placed in positions that do not properly align with their career goals or skill set. Depending on the manager, you may or may not get the support you need to be successful. I spent 6 months working for a manager who just told our team to find things to do.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and listen to them. Provide the tools to be successful. Properly align your employees so their strengths are leveraged. Create and stick to a winning strategy. Live the values that you require your employees to adhere to.

2. "Fostered an environment of individual growth during early years of growth."

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to advance to higher levels of management. and to set you own salary with bonus and commission opportunity.

Cons

Downsizing when individuals reach the maximum level of pay grade and replacing with less experienced individuals with lower pay.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees with vast experiences and pay them accordingly.