T-Mobile - Very good company to work for. Good philosophies, decent benefits. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

"Very good company to work for. Good philosophies, decent benefits."

Current Employee - Manager in Beltsville, MD
Current Employee - Manager in Beltsville, MD

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is very open with it's goals. Senior Management is staffed with people that you would like to work for.

Cons

Very busy, constantly shifting goals. T-Mobile is considered the 5th best cell phone carrier in the US. Not a very strong position in the industry. The end of the year is a very busy time in the industry. There is often a restriction on taking time off during the end of year holidays.

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

"Systems Analyst III - Bothell"

Former Employee - Technical Analyst III in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst III in Bothell, WA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

T-Mobile has a good benefit package and great, hard-working people.
    In the beginning T-Mobile was employee focused and it was a great place to work until the last couple of years.

Cons

T-Mobile has a culture of bad management. People are promoted to management positions because of either the old-boy network or a job well-done and not for leadership and management skills.
    The environment in some departments boarders on being toxic at times.
    Gossip is rampant.
    There is no clear career path to promotion and many times we work without a clear job description. As a result, expectations and responsibilities change frequently. Because many positions require us to work cross-functionally, it is very difficult to know our job boundaries. This has led to misunderstanding a duplication of efforts.
    Many times people are placed in positions that do not properly align with their career goals or skill set. Depending on the manager, you may or may not get the support you need to be successful. I spent 6 months working for a manager who just told our team to find things to do.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and listen to them. Provide the tools to be successful. Properly align your employees so their strengths are leveraged. Create and stick to a winning strategy. Live the values that you require your employees to adhere to.

2. "Fostered an environment of individual growth during early years of growth."

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to advance to higher levels of management. and to set you own salary with bonus and commission opportunity.

Cons

Downsizing when individuals reach the maximum level of pay grade and replacing with less experienced individuals with lower pay.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees with vast experiences and pay them accordingly.