T-Mobile - I Love My Job | Glassdoor

"I Love My Job"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make Good money on commission, schedule really flexible n aporunity to grow

Cons

Only part time 1 and fulltime employees get benefits!

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

1. "Senior Financial Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will struggle to find a better group of coworker. The workload is manageable and most managers try and ensure that you maintain good work life balance. The key here is if your direct manager has balance, if they don't you don't, if they do, you do (I had both).

Cons

Promotions and recognition are hard to get in some groups, otherwise T-Mobile is pretty solid.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain the work/life balance, provide more help to first time people managers, some are qualified but not ready. Stay focused on the new CEO's plan and execute.

"Worst place to work. Ever."

Pros

Paid training (too bad it doesn't help you once you start working)
    Good benefits

Cons

Insufficient information provided during training.

Advice to Management

Tell new hires UP FRONT that they will be REQUIRED to try to upsell to every customer - even those who can't even pay their bills.
    Hire management and mid -level floor supervisors who actually care about success and helping the customer.
    Get your priorities straight. Either you want to train people to actually provide customer SERVICE to customers or you want people to upsell to customers, but don't expect them to do both.
    Correct problems.. By this I mean find out why customers are so unhappy with T-Mobile and do something about it. Why does almost every customer find charges on their bill that they did not authorize? What's the deal with those 9.99 premium charges that just appear on the customer's bills? Why are customers not getting credits that they were promised? If a customer purchases a $500 phone and it's defective, why are they receiving a refurbished piece of junk as a replacement? This is just not good business. People are catching on to the shady business practices. A pissed off customer does not want to hear a sales pitch.
    The way T-Mobile does business is unethical.