T-Mobile - Good place to work and make a solid income | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

"Good place to work and make a solid income"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have learned a lot about sales and grown as a sales professional in my four years with T-Mobile. I was able to relocate states with the company when I wanted to move 6 months after I started and it has been a great experience. I get to play with and learn about new technology every day and I enjoy working with customer. I work with a team of motivated sales reps, I have a good manager that is concerned with our well-being, I enjoy the competition with my co-workers, and the compensation is fair. You are not going to get rich as a retail sales associate, but you can make 40-50K pretty easily if you are in a busy location. There are opportunities to advance if you pursue them, but you have to be patient and willing to put in the effort. You can also accrue PTO quite rapidly and it's nice to have a day off in the middle of the week sometimes.

Cons

As in any retail sales environment, there are always going to be disgruntled customers you have to work with when you are on the front line. There has been a bit of turnover in the past year at the locations where I have worked but that was a result of a change in management at the store level and a stronger team has since been put into place. There has also been a trend towards pre-paid service, which I think is industry-wide, and that can hurt commissions a bit if there's not a good balance b/t pre-paid and contract sales. This is not a M-F, 8-5 job, so you have to be flexible and willing to work nights and weekends, which can take away from family time if you have someone at home working a more traditional schedule.

Advice to Management

T-Mobile recently changed leadership at the top and it seems they are on the right track to making T-Mobile a top competitor behind Verizon and AT&T in 2013. If leadership continues on the current path, I believe TMO will overtake Sprint as America's #3 wireless provider. Keep building the network, keep offering great devices, and continue to be innovative with the best plans in the business.

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

1. "Good company"

Current Employee - RF Engineer III in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - RF Engineer III in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good medical and extra benefits

Cons

Too many on going projects and roles

Advice to Management

Re assess resource and current projects

"Sad"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, start with 3+ weeks of PTO

Cons

It used to be a great place to work and they lost their way about 5 years ago. Stick to one message. They change directions mid stream constantly

Advice to Management

Focus