T-Mobile - It was a pretty decent company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

"It was a pretty decent company to work for."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Memphis, TN

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours, the flexibility, the huge employee discounts on several lines of service, and the opportunity to make commission.

Cons

Unstructured environment, a lot of he say/she say and gossip, they took our employee PHONE DISCOUNT completely away, commission is always declining

Advice to Management

Treat your employees FAIRLY.

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

"Enjoyed my 8 years at TMO"

Former Employee - Sales/Marketing
    Former Employee - Sales/Marketing

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working for T-Mobile. Employees at TMO at all levels do live by their core values. It's not perfect but what company is. The people at TMO really make it worth while. In the eight years there I really only had one poor manager.

Cons

Still a lot of change and struggle to define their strategy and direction for the future ( particularly for B2B) but I think they are making all the right steps to get into a more competitive market position

Advice to Management

Define the strategy and move firmly/quickly in that direction.

"A company in a struggle to remain relevant risks its attractive culture"

Former Employee - Systems Architect in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Systems Architect in Bellevue, WA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Healthy awareness of work-life balance, in general, though this depends a lot on your work group and your direct manager. Values-focused organization that actually walks the talk. Some really good people to work with, but be prepared to hunt around a lot to find them. Employee cell phone service plan is great. The current individual contributor bonus structure rewards good work at the individual contributor level regardless of team or company performance.

Cons

Recent corporate leadership changes and aggressive shift to predominantly contract-based workforce is eroding the culture. Older ethic of developing and promoting from within has disappeared. A long legacy of "start-up approach" and no centralized capture of processes and procedures has created a "tribal knowledge" culture -- who you know is infinitely more important than what you know.