T-Mobile - Fun job with great pay! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

"Fun job with great pay!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sugar Land, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The money is great, and the fun experience.

Cons

No down side to tmobile.

Advice to Management

be on time and dont be in the back room so much

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

1. "Great place to stagnate!"

Current Employee - Operations in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for over 8 years. I guess that would be the pro.

Cons

No advancement opportunities for hourly wage employees. After 8 years in engineering, a boss who loves my work, great reviews, and being told by regional management that my work is, I quote "superb", I have been passed over for every advancement opportunity. Only salary people move up. If there is n opening, they interview all non salary candidates and then do a lateral transfer for a manager who wants a shorter commute to work. Very discouraging atmosphere. All our competitors pay better and offer better benefits in non salary engineering positions.

Advice to Management

1. Get in touch with what is going on. 2. Stop placing your individual bonus over the best interest of the company and our customers. 3. Give non salary engineering employees a chance to advance to salary and management positions. This is how you might be able to get some fresh perspective and stop trying to sink this company at every turn. 4. Greed does not trump ethics, or at least it shouldn't.. We don't trust you to do the right thing by us or the company. Take heed. You are going to lose your best talent.

2. "Northwest flair with a corporate strangle"

Former Employee - Sales in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Sales in Bellevue, WA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team members, facilities were outstanding, great benefits, employees were intelligent and cared. (Corporate, not a retail store)

Cons

Sales Management was absolutely cut throat. Corporate rewarded managers based purely on numbers, even if those numbers looked shady.. Went through a company wide reorganization, which left an extremely foul taste in most employees mouth. Immediately understood how little corporate culture cared about the "individual"

Advice to Management

Advice to sales management: Interview other employees if you are looking for superstars to promote, going SOLELY off of an employees numbers might help short term, but when all one looks at are numbers, one obviously doesn't understand the short cuts and tricks of putting up huge numbers (that falter quickly or are literally scammed into the system). With that being said, corporate is corporate, and I was burnt out very quickly in that atmosphere.