T-Mobile - TMO was an enjoyable place to work for almost 8 years. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

"TMO was an enjoyable place to work for almost 8 years."

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture is supportive and the work experience is dynamic in the right departments.

Cons

Decision-making can be too involved at times.

Advice to Management

Decision-making can be too involved at times, be more nimble.

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

"High Stress / High Pay = Not Worth It"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Richmond, VA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is VERY good, especially as you advance. T-Mobile wants you to make money, there is no question about that.

Cons

Upper management is 100% joke. They promote people just to fill head counts. If you are on the "in" your getting promoted quickly. If you are not, better luck somewhere else. They even bring on team managers that are brand new and give them 0% training. It isn't the managers fault at all, it starts with the GM & AD. They expect a supervisor that was very successful with great schedules = they will be a great manager. They supply them with no training or help , just sink or swim. They cannot keep people to begin with and have to fill head counts with anybody because the stress is unreal. I am an extremely happy go lucky and go with the flow person where very little gets to me. My final year at t-mobile was the worst 12 months of my entire life. I almost had a heart attack once and ended up quitting to probably save my life. Lastly, the CSR's that do well cheat, plain & simple. It is impossible to have a "meeting" talk time AND still meet the other goals such as callbacks within 48 hours and sales quota.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes a little bit, the people who you "think" are great , aren't.

2. "Lousy place to work."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you have a good manager you will like it.

Cons

You almost never have a good manager. You will be micro managed to an inch of your life. The commission teams are always making corrections to pay because they apparently don't know how to count. So you never know what's going to happen. Deactivating customers count against you next months sales but being over on activations doesn't count. Kind of a double standard and not at all fair. Customers are way too needy, and crabby all the time. Coming in non stop with questions they could have easily found out by googling it. Performance goals are ridiculous requiring 90% to goal at all times. Some of the goals are new line activations, accessories per phone sold, insurance per phone sold, trade ins per phone sold, customer satisfaction surveys that can be affected by many factors out of your control,data per new line activation. Of you can achieve all that plus handle tons of paperwork that they throw at you then this will be a breeze! Realistically this place sucks and most employees only stay for 6months to a year. Either getting fired or quitting on their own due to the aforementioned goals.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of your butt, set reasonableness pals and stop encouraging employees to lie to customer in order to make quotas, I'm sick of cleaning up your messes on the front lines and getting no appreciation for it.