T-Mobile - Good pay, systems could be better. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

"Good pay, systems could be better."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate
Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company seems to be on the rise. Commission was better than most wireless companies, flexibility in work schedules, payed time off , benefits were good, tuition reimbursement if you are a student for certain majors.

Cons

The systems they use are out-dated, leaving customers upset that simple processes such as taking a payment or selling out a single item take long to complete. Its frustrating for employees as well.

Advice to Management

Upgrade the POS systems , it decreases employee moral when customers are upset about something out of out their control and makes even the simplest of tasks tedious and time consuming.

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

1. "A learning, and very fun experience"

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Allentown, PA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have some of the best facilities I've ever worked at. Caring people.

Cons

Job Security wasn't the greatest when I was there.

Advice to Management

Give us more motivation, like opportunities to move up.

"Good company, had a bad slump the last few years. Might be on the upswing."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When the T-Mobile values are followed, great opportunities and successes are seen. Years ago when I started the values were heavily emphasized and it was one of the best companies I ever worked for.

Cons

In the last few years all levels of upper management have changed. Clear emphasis of short term bottom lines rather than on long term gains when it came to IT infrastructure. This has led to a lot of lost business due to point-of-sale outages. Also the heavy usage of contractors and outsourcing, which okay in certain situations but heavy usage has shown the individuals have less vested interest in their work in general.

Advice to Management

Live the values. Invest in an IT infrastructure that you can be proud of and that is easily scalable. The worst thing you can do is hire a contractor or employee and expect them to be in that job forever without chances of advancement. This just leads to losses in the form of human capital and increased training expenses from high turn over.