T-Mobile - In essence, not a bad company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

"In essence, not a bad company to work for"

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a store manager you can make your own schedule with in company guidelines, choose your own vacation dates, etc.

Cons

Retail SALES! So many metrics to meet that there is no way you can hit every metric! If you are a low volume store, your considered the "Step Child" and its never understood that if you do not have the traffic, you cant drive the sales.

Advice to Management

Spend a few days in your lower volume stores to see the reality and offer advise/help on ways to improve traffic that have not already been taken before.

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

1. "Poor management, Stressful, sets unrealistic goals"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charleston, SC

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Good pay
    - Great benefits
    - Nice facility

Cons

-More times than not, I felt smarter than my manager

-Strict schedule compliance

-Forced to sell something on every call, even if it doesn't make sense.

-Most customers do not call in to let you know how great T-Mobile is doing, they have a complaint. This makes it difficult to look forward to your work day knowing you are going to get verbally abused on the phone by under educated customers.

-The culture and values T-Mobile says it has are a gimmick. They preach them, but don't live by them on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

-Don't try to combine sales and customer service in one position, it makes both employees and customers uncomfortable more times than not.

-Don't set unrealistic sales goals for customer service and punish them when they are not met.

-When a customer calls to remove a feature, this should not negatively impact a representative's stats. Maybe the customer just doesn't want the feature any more.

-Treat employees like adults and give them more freedom. If they abuse this (excessive offline time or PTO) then punish them accordingly. It is hard being on the phone 8+ hours a day and only getting a break every 2-3 hours (that's if you didn't get stuck on a call that ran through your break and you actually get a break).

-There was a lot of favoritism with management. If you didn't get in good with management, you were not given the same (special) treatment as your coworkers who did (i.e. time offline, special accommodations with attendance, ability to 'act' as senior rep when they were out of the office).

2. "Overall okay experience. I learned a lot that I can take with me and use in my future career."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best reason would be the great benefits. They have 401k retirement, child care, and great cheap health benefit options.

Cons

The biggest downside would be the favortism between the managers and the employees.

Advice to Management

Keep it professional and fair.