T-Mobile - A company with great intentions, but no execution! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

"A company with great intentions, but no execution!"

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Richmond, VA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

T-mobile is a wonderful company to work for, that is if you meet business requirements. The pay is mediocre, especially someone like me who went to school full-time, benefits are superb and a lot of flexibility in schedules if you're a top performer.

Cons

If you are applying for the customer service position at a call center, just keep in mind, that you literally are the front line for magenta, which means anything negative about reception, customer service at retail stores, etc. you will hear the back end of it. T-mobile customer service department serves a dual purpose, give the customers what they want, and let them vent.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to be parallel with customer service reps, not some bogus incentive competition or some form of method to get employers motivated, metrics need to be reworked and management needs to be on the same page as entry-level employees! No excuses!

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

"Good coming to work for, as long as you dont move up."

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was a lot of fun at first. I was good at the customer service, won things all the time and loved my job.

Cons

Moved up to Senior and they put me under 2 supervisors that got fired. I had to do their job and mine, but were upset when that meant part of my job wasnt completed, even if it was a duplicate task. I felt neglected of the ability to perform under constant pressure of being on the chopping block even though I was good at my job and others saw it.

"4 years of T-Mobile experience split between 2 low and high volume locations."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Probably the best carrier to work for with the way T-Mobile is changing the industry. Very family-like sales environment with a casual (very lenient) dress code. Pay scale is excellent if you show up and work hard.

Cons

the EVER LOOMING BUYOUT TALKS! It really makes it uncomfortable when everyone from customers to family members asking if youre "owned" by someone else everyday. other than that, reporting is always wrong, takes forever to update. every time the commission structures seems to tilt in our (the reps) favor, they change it.