T-Mobile - Call center management cares but it's still a call center job and depends on the customers calling. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

"Call center management cares but it's still a call center job and depends on the customers calling."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and fair policies

Cons

Constant work with no breathing room and customers always fighting you.

Advice to Management

To actually make it the best place to work and grow, make extra training available which is necessary for the next position up.

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

"A company with great intentions, but no execution!"

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Richmond, VA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

T-mobile is a wonderful company to work for, that is if you meet business requirements. The pay is mediocre, especially someone like me who went to school full-time, benefits are superb and a lot of flexibility in schedules if you're a top performer.

Cons

If you are applying for the customer service position at a call center, just keep in mind, that you literally are the front line for magenta, which means anything negative about reception, customer service at retail stores, etc. you will hear the back end of it. T-mobile customer service department serves a dual purpose, give the customers what they want, and let them vent.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to be parallel with customer service reps, not some bogus incentive competition or some form of method to get employers motivated, metrics need to be reworked and management needs to be on the same page as entry-level employees! No excuses!

2. "Fun job for a little bit, but turned into a living hell."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Syracuse, UT
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Syracuse, UT

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Got hooked up with a dealer plan, getting a HUGE discount on my phone bill. I even got to keep it for a few months after I stopped working there.

Cons

Pay is garbage. Management stinks. A bunch of the people I worked with were idiots, which resulted in hating my job. Also, being a cell phone salesman, you inherit the kind of feelings people have towards car salesman, which means you get yelled at daily. Customer service is an absolute JOKE! I dreaded picking up the phone every time having to use customer service to help a customer.

Advice to Management

Fix customer service, so people won't want to strangle them. Pay your employees better.