T-Mobile - A very good company overall, with some minor issues. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

"A very good company overall, with some minor issues."

Former Employee - Tech Support Representative
Former Employee - Tech Support Representative

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good benefits, generally good people in management positions, plenty of opportunity to grow with the company, at least in the call center environment.

Cons

Just about everything is in the right place, the only major exception is a heavy reliance on metrics that are often times at cross purposes.

Advice to Management

Try to use evaluation techniques that are a little more human, or at least come up with evaluation categories that aren't at sometimes cross purposes.

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

1. "Actions Speak Louder than Words- Denied Maternity Leave Left Me UNInsured."

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not Many, the company is going through continual shifts in culture and leadership which greatly impact the day to day lives of employees. While the culture is sold as laid back and people focused - site directors and managers have no idea how to translate this to their employees, resulting in inconsistent goals and a lack of focus.

Cons

T-Mobile does not stand behind their commitments. HR does not work for their people. I was recruited and hired when I was 6 months pregnant. During the interview process, I made my pregnancy known, and offered to remove myself from candidacy if this would be a problem. I was assured that this was not a problem and was hired. My manager and I spoke at length about how my leave would be covered, and had a plan in place. However, after an emergency c-section- I had to take leave a few weeks earlier than expected. I received notice- via FedEx letter- from HR that my maternity leave was denied, due to lack of medical necessity, and my job was in jeopardy due to my extended non-approved absences My manager did not respond to emails or voicemails. In addition, they informed me that I was deemed ineligible for health insurance, starting the day I took leave. Simply put: T-mobiles decision to deny my maternity leave resulted in thousands of dollars of medical bills leaving me #unemployed and #uninsured.

Advice to Management

Stand behind your ideals and commitments. Being the #Uncarrier should not include leaving dedicated employees #uninsured and #unsupported.

2. "Fast paced, energetic, and aggressive sales environment"

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive compensation, Team Environment, Great Benefits, Great Value of Product

Cons

High pressure to produce
    Work/Life Balance